Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Ella's first and second meets


This MLK DAy Ella had her first official meet at the Seattle Open 2010.  I have been trying to get my kids to set goals and I figure shoot for the moon and you'll end somewhere in the stars.  She did so well.  I think I would throw up but she said she was shooting for a 39.  Which would be almost perfect 10s on everything.  Watch out Carly Patterson!  She ended up with getting 3rd place on the floor with a 7.9  and  third place on vault with a 9.0.  She ended up 6th on bars with a 7.5 and 5th on beam 7.5.  (out of 10 girls) But, my favorite heart felt moment came tonight at practice when one of her best friends did a round off back handspring by herself.  She cheered and ran and  bear hugged her to the ground.  I am happy she did so well but even prouder of the person she is inside.  I have also added a few pictures from her second meet.  She ended up with a 32 overall.  Her team got third place at this meet.

2 comments:

Leif, Jacove, Zana, Noah & Ewan said...

YAY!!! Good for her, olympics here she comes. :)

Rebecca Pierce said...

Awesome! She's so talented! Such a good little friend!