Thursday, January 22, 2009

I am a better person because of you

I recently had an ultrasound and the tech found a few things that were abnormal.Two years after discovering my cancer...before every test I find myself terrified. The thoughts and the feelings you endure seem to cripple you. I do recognize that I scraped by this year and for that I am grateful. Although, in my heart I find myself grieving for those who have not been so lucky.
There have been so many of my friends who have been affected, changed or touched by cancer. I can think of a childhood friend who has faced cancer and beaten it. A friend who is currently battling with reoccuring cancer. Another who's dad is facing cancer again. A dear friend whose husband is starting chemo. soon. My heart is so heavy...this has been on my mind esp. this past month. I do want to say to these friends that I love you...You are all amazing and have all had such a profound influence on who I am today. There have been many times when I have not closed my prayers. I just needed that extra comfort and to feel that little bit of peace.You have all given me some form of this peace. I wish I could give you that peace... but know it will be heaven sent. I wish there was more I could do. I am praying for you, I am thinking of you and your families.

2 comments:

Leif, Jacove, Zana, Noah & Ewan said...

xonjacove
How sweet are you! This made my cry reading it! My little brother's wife had a rare form of brain cancer as a child and she feels the same way before each test, and Leif's dad passed away 3 1/2 years ago of cancer. What a nice way to honor your friends!!! AND how great you were able to catch yours and be a survivor:) :)

Ashley said...

Sure love ya Leah, you are so sweet and have such an awesome sensitivity to people who are going through BIG and hard things. Thank you for being you.