Friday, October 10, 2008

Mt. Reindeer


We headed out over a long weekend to Mt. Rainer.(In our family it's known as Mt. Reindeer) No camping.... just a little hike. We chose the shortest hike and set off. The kids however along the way decided that they wanted to hike a trail almost entirely headed uphill. So I thought hey "Why not.. this can be my cardio today!" and off we went. Did I mention this was our first hike? So we got maybe a hundred yards when the kids started complainig. They had to rest at nearly every bench along the way. Where was all that energy they posses at home? So we made it about 3/4 up the hill to a plateau and then decided we should head back down. Straight down. Luckily, I had noticed another man coming down in a zig zag style so he wouldn't slip and fall. So we zig zagged down the mtn. and head out to catch another trail. This one led to Myrtle Falls. We got there and it was amazing. We almost lost Camden when he decided to sneak under the guard rail 2 feet from a 200 ft. cliff. However, I managed to snag his jacket before that happened. I don't know if we will be visiting Myrtle Falls anytime soon!

4 comments:

Rebecca Pierce said...

Fun! I would love hiking with kids because I always want to rest too. We haven't been up there for like two years, we need to go!

Leif, Jacove, Zana, Noah & Ewan said...

Fun and scary, kids are little crazier than us. What a pretty picture.

Sheri said...

Beautiful picture. We need to get up there soon, too.

Leif, Jacove, Zana, Noah & Ewan said...

BTW I tagged you.... you are it! :)